Thought for day:

He drew a circle that shut me out — Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.

But Love and I had the wit to win:
We drew a circle that took him in!
- Anon.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thunderstruck.

Cycling onto my life,
Countering brawns and brains,
Following never-nearing mirages.

Stumbled upon a cliff,
Braked hastily into a break.
Enigmatic clouds gathered
And threw welcome,
Though the world was below me,
Unsure seemed the outcome.

A colossal sword of blinding light,
Stabbed the earth,
The booming shrill,
Shuddered me to death.

Wedging into my flesh,
Suckled me into fear,
Whole life did flash.
Keeping one-piece,
Broke me into thousand pieces.

Thunder threatened,
The universe quietened
Spectators speculated,
The Roar had,
My sleeping soul awakened.

Feared to fear death,
The fear burnt.
Out of flames,
A phoenix heart took birth.
Revived by water from heaven,
I was drenched,
Fervour flowed down my vain veins,
Doubts drained.

The clouds and complacency faded,
A rainbow glimmered,
Sun shined smothering my soul,
Winds whistled winging me whole.
                         -Madhur Anand

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats up? you stopped posting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pakka poet ban gaya yaar Madhur ;)

    ReplyDelete